List of Topics for Platform or Poster Presentation:
All congress participants are invited to submit abstracts for platform or poster presentations.
Authors should select the appropriate area(s) and indicate this topic number on the abstract submission process.
Selection of the submissions to be presented as platform or poster presentations will be made by the Scientific Program Committee, basing their selections on several criteria, including research area, scientific impact and laboratory representation.
- Authors of abstracts should indicate their preference for either a platform or a poster presentation when they submit their abstract. Note, however, that the program committee will determine the final designation of platform or poster presentations.
- Because platform presentation requests far exceed available presentation slots (only 10-15% of all abstracts received can be accommodated in platform sessions), all authors should be prepared to present a poster if their abstract is not selected for a platform presentation.
1. Chemical and Infectious Agents
- Infectious agents
- Food contaminants
- Emerging pollutants
- Air pollutants
- Toxins derived from microorganisms / fungi / animals / plants
- Early life exposure/ disease development
- Exposure pathways
3. Diseases resulting from environmental exposure
- Emerging / re-emerging diseases
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Ageing and neurodegenerative disease (Alzheimer’s, ALS, etc.)
4. Mechanisms and Pathways of Disease Development
- Oxidative stress
- Chemical-biological synergism
- Modulation of immune response
- Genetics / epigenetics
5. Modifiers of Susceptibility and Disease Outcomes
- Environmental factors
- Environmental changes/ climate change
- Nutrition / diet
- Susceptible populations
6. Tools and Technologies
- New approaches in environmental/health risk assessment of chemicals
- Tools and technologies to study exposure to environmental agents
- Informatics for exposure biology
7. New and Emerging Therapy
- Precision medicine
- Nanoparticles in treatment of diseases
- Healthful nutrition
- Cancer immunotherapy
- Gene therapy
Note: These categories are used only for program planning and may or may not be used as session titles at the Congress.