- Participants whose abstracts are selected by the Scientific Program Committee to give a platform presentation will be informed by September 30, 2016
- For Platform Presentations, 15 minutes will be allotted for each presentation, including discussion.
- For those participants whose abstracts are not selected by the Scientific Program Committee to be given as platform presentations, please prepare poster presentations instead. We regret that only a limited number of platform presentations are possible.
List of Platform Presentations:
- Platform presenters are recommended to prepare PowerPoint presentations. Neither 35 mm slide projector nor overhead projector will be available at the Congress.
For your presentation file to be loaded in advance for each Congress session, please submit your PowerPoint presentation file:
- Online submission: Please go to Registration page and log in to submit abstract online.
- As an e-mail attachment (not larger than 20 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For a file larger than 20 MB, please send us selected slides for compatibility testing.
- The complete file should be given to the Congress staff at the Audio-Visual Center by the morning of November 13, 2016 or on the morning of your presentation day, so that it can be checked for compatibility with the version of the presentation software installed on the computer in the room. This is to ensure that all sessions run on schedule without any delays.
- Deadline for submission of presentation: November 5, 2016.
- The Secretariat will take all possible measures to ensure that there is no unauthorized use of the graphics and/or data presented at the Congress.
Guidelines for the Preparation of Presentations:
- Presentations should be prepared using Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 or newer.
- If you have prepared your presentation using an earlier version of Microsoft PowerPoint or if you are a Mac user, it is highly recommended that you test your presentation on a Windows platform to ensure accurate conversion to Windows format with Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
- Images are particularly problematic, particularly those cut and pasted from a Mac computer into a PowerPoint presentation. It is better to insert images from the file saved on your hard drive.
During the Congress:
- To minimize setup delays, the Congress Staff at the Audio-Visual Center will collect all files and load them in the room in which the session will be held.
- All speakers must take updated presentations as PowerPoint files to the Audio-Visual Center at least 24 hoursbefore their scheduled presentations.
- Please bring your PowerPoint presentation as a backup file to the Audio-Visual Center on a USB Memory Device or CD. For a CD, please also make certain that you completely and permanently “close” the CD so that it cannot be overwritten (this is done in the software you use to prepare your CD).
Equipment available in each room:
The following electronic projection equipment will be provided in each room:
- A computer equipped with Windows 10 and PowerPoint 2013. (Your personal laptop computer will not be accepted since it may lead to setup delays caused by incompatible formats)
- An LCD projector with a resolution of 1024×768 for PowerPoint presentations.